Friday, January 25, 2008

PR - Pontiacs

With half of the season left to go, the Pontiacs seemed to have slipped a little off of their earlier pace. Pontiac's GM Andrew Schoenberger decided that a few changes were needed to shake things up and hopefully reignite the fire that has propelled the team on pace for the best season in Franchise history.

The first move by Schoenberger was to send Coburn and Setoguchi to the Wheat King's. "It is hard to be traded. There are a great bunch of guys, here in Bonnyville, but I really can't blame them for trading me, this hasn't been my best season." stated and downcast Coburn as he prepared to leave on his flight to Saskatoon. Setoguchi, on the other hand, seemed excited to be going to Saskatoon, "The depth of the Bobcats and the Pontiacs never really gave me a chance to prove myself in the pros, since I was really only an injury replacement, hopefully I will get my chance to play in the pros in Saskatoon."

Coming to Bonnyville were Ryan O'Marra, the Pontiacs' TFHL 17 2nd round pick, and Boris Valabik. "I am really excited to be back in Bonnyville. These guys place my style of hockey, and I know that I can make a contribution here." Valibik was a little less enthusiastic but said nonetheless, "I enjoyed playing with the Wheaties, and here I have to fill the shoes left by Coburn, which won't be easy, however, I feel that I am up to the challenge and I am ready to make a contribution."

The second move saw Jeff May go to the Misconduct along with some picks. May has been known as the league's top enforcer this year, and so I would be concerned how he might react the next time he plays against his old team. GM Andrew Schoenberger lauged at that comment and said, "Jeff is a great guy, in fact, he brought a lot of life to the locker room, however, sometimes you have to make tough decisions, that's life."

From the Misconducts came Jacub Hulva, who seemed very excited to be here. "Coach Craig MacTavish just told me that I would be playing on a line with Jonas and Danny! Who would not be excited to play with such great players? I know that I haven't been having the best season yet, but I am confident that alongside these two Greats I will be able to perform well."

No comments: