Sunday, January 06, 2008

PR - Fog Devils

*intro to sports center plays and we see Jennifer Hedger

Jen: Good evening and welcome to sports center I'm , lets begin with a look
at hockey and the TFHL. Having just returned from a the leagues Christmas
break a lot of teams were taking stock of where they were and just how happy
they have been with their teams performance, and some are finding out just
how unmerry of a year its been for them so far

* we fade into a shot of the Fog Devils at practice and hear a voice over by
TSN reporter James Cybulski*

Its been a long journey for the Fog Devils, From the leagues top penalty
kill and a final four finish, to a leagues worst penalty kill and fighting
hard just to not have the TFHL'S worst record.

Paul Maurice: No doubt its been a tough season, we seem to be struggling
just to be inconsistent. Not all of this team have shown up for even one
game, some step up one night then take the next night off while other guys
seem to step up, I think this team could do some special things if we all
stepped it up on the same night.

*James voice over while showing some game highlights where injuries have
occurred* The team has had some injury problems, culminating to a recent
injury to star forward Michael Tessier who is out for 4 months

Paul Maurice: well yes we have had some injuries but I don't believe we have
had the injury bug worse than any other team, until Tessier all our injuries
have been fairly minor with no extended time missed. But with the injuries
others have had opportunities and are impressing me with their play

James Cybulski: (practice highlights of Sam Gagner and Luc Bourdon play)
Undoubtedly the head coach is speaking of Sam Gagner and Luc Bourdon, two
young players who have come up and made strong cases to stick with the big
club. Gagner has played 6 games and has 6 points, while Bourdon has played
well enough to boot vet Mathieu Biron from the line up.

Sam Gagner: Its always great to get an opportunity to play in the big
league, I mean you don't want to see anyone get hurt but you have to make
the best of your opportunities and that’s what I intend to do, I want to
make it hard on them to send me back down

Luc Bourdon: It’s a much faster game up here, I am just glad I have some
great D men to learn from up here, I am just trying to take it all in.

(with Maurice running practice in the back ground) James Cybulski: but the
low lights have been much more the norm around here then highlights. Leaving
many to wonder if some big shake ups might be in the works.

GM Osborne: I can assure you Paul Maurice's job is safe, I believe he is
doing everything he can to get this club into the playoffs. Quite frankly we
just scraped into the playoffs last year, so really he is not far off pace
from last year. he is a good coach, just seems the players here are hell
bent on proving our playoff success last year was a fluke.

James Cybulski: This comment by the GM lead many to believe a fire sale of
the team may be just around the corner.

GM Osborne: I wouldn’t say I am about to do a fire sale, but frustration is
setting in. Right about now I'd trade my own mother is it would give us a
few more notches in the win column.

James Cybulski: From Saint John New Brunswick, for TSN, I'm James Cybulski

* show fades out to commercial*

No comments: