Tuesday, November 13, 2007

PR - Hurricanes

HURRICANES MAKE MOVE WITH REDDEN ACQUISITION

It's amazing what can happen in a span of two days. The Calgary Hurricanes today announced a trade that will bring Wade Redden back to the Hurricanes. "It's almost like I haven't left." said Redden who was traded at the end of last season and who has not yet played a game for his new team. "I guess the only crappy part is I need to re-buy a house in Calgary. But that's OK, we have a great team there and I am excited to play with them again."

As part of the deal the Hurricanes send goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, Andy Rogers and a first round draft pick to the Misconducts for Wade Redden, goal tending prospect Jeremy Smith, defensive prospect Tysen Dowzak, and a 2nd round draft pick.

"I guess you guys in the press are sick of seeing me on this podium already." joked GM Major. "Its been no secret I wanted to move a goalie. Between Ilya and Brian we wanted to hand the reigns over to one of them. Brian has a chance to run with it again after he did great for us last year and the season he before when he took us to the finals. I have high hopes for Jeremy as he is now our top goaltending prospect. That doesn't mean I've given up on Cory Schneider but those two guys will have to battle it out over the coming years along with Kevin Armstrong. One of those 3 guys will have an opportunity to our starter some day." said Major.

The Hurricanes have immediately solidied their Top 4 pairings which includes Roman Harmlik, Wade Redden, Bryan Mccabe and Robert Schnabel. "When we started to panic a bit it just seems things came together. This is great news for our club." said GM Major.

Calgary Sun

No comments: