Thursday, September 08, 2005

PR - Round 2 Predictions, by Tyler Young

Round 2 Predictions

Considering I at least got the right team in more than half of the round 1 series, I guess I ought to continue this daunting challenge with a look at yeat another round of playoffs (which are all rather time consuming, shouldn't we just give the cup to the Pain and get on with the off-season? ;))

Spirit vs Hurricanes

The two old time GMs will now go at it with the Prez Cup Canes taking on another late season surger. This should be a very good series, a lot of talent, a lot of cheap shots, but not a lot of excitement - like watching any NHL Eastern conference series. The Spirit, piloted by the respectable Patrick Lalime will likely take this series unless the Canes' power hitters run rampant. Spirit in seven.

Clubbers vs Aces

Both of these teams fooled me in the first round, winning against younger clubs. I liked the Aces once upon a time until they were decimated by the Spirit in the first round of last year, but their last round kind-of brought me back into the fold. The Clubbers are a good, sold, all-around club, lead by a king, but the Aces have five Jacks and an Ace up their sleeve. Aces in six.

Achaeans vs Pain

Well, having suffered the wrath of the Achaeans I ough to hope they will spread a little more pain and k.o. the two-time defending champ... not likely though, Pain in six.

Ice vs Flames

Fire and ice, hot and cold, opposites perhaps, but they are both rather dry - the masters of ho-hum, the Ice, take on the errant erratics, Flames. The problem here is if I say the Ice will win in seven, the Flames will walk over the Ice in four; if I say the Flames will walk over the Ice in four, the Ice will triumph over the Flames in seven - so who do I like more? hehe, perhaps I should entertain bribes... Flames in four.

No comments: